Monday, November 13, 2006

Guess Where I Was


Okay, you already know where I was.

I, and my classmate Jim, did the tour of Parliament. For me, a political junkie, this was one of the coolest places I've ever been. I saw the places where This Hour Has 22 Minutes ambushes people, I saw the place where Stephen Harper won't answer questions and where Pierre Trudeau said "fuddle duddle".

As a British Columbian, Ottawa can be largely irrelevant practically and politically, but so much of our history, and what makes us Canadian is from here. I got to see the places where the bills for national health care, the Canadian Flag and the constitution were debated. These are some of the things which make us Canadian, whether we are in British Columbia, Ontario or anywhere else in Canada.

No comments: