Friday, April 27, 2007

Albuquerque


The title of this post is a bit of a misnomer, because every time Bugs Bunny says "Hmm, I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque" it's because he's ended up in the wrong place. I don't believe I'm in the wrong place. All the things that brought me to this place: coincidences, faith, friends, and family lead me to the conclusion I am in the right place.

Now that I've explained why "Albuquerque" is a misnomer, let me explain why it is the title of this post. Albuquerque is where Bugs should have turned to get to where he wanted to be, and I'm am taking a turn. I am not completing photojournalism at Loyalist.

I am switching programs this fall. I have been accepted into the school's e-journalism program, and so I will only complete the first year of the two year photojournalism program. The e-journalism program is post-graduate, but I have been accepted based on me being such a geek. Really, it's almost literally the case. If things work out the way I want, when I am done in May 2008, I will be able to come back to Vancouver to work at an online news organization, which is where newspapers are going. I'm very excited.

That's the other thing: Ontario is nice, but I want to come home to live. I thought I was the kind of person who could create a life among strangers, like so many people I know and respect, but apparently that's not how God made me. I really just want to come home to the places and people I love. I have made friends here, but I want to come home to have my career.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Tony! try and restrain yourself, you've still got one more year to go, although post grad is so much better? isn't it!

Anyway, congrats for surviving through the first hurdles and resisting the dark side. you should be back just in time for the build-up for 2010, there's already huge interest building up, it's going to be just like Expo 86 only shorter.


KT