Friday, April 27, 2007

Albuquerque


The title of this post is a bit of a misnomer, because every time Bugs Bunny says "Hmm, I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque" it's because he's ended up in the wrong place. I don't believe I'm in the wrong place. All the things that brought me to this place: coincidences, faith, friends, and family lead me to the conclusion I am in the right place.

Now that I've explained why "Albuquerque" is a misnomer, let me explain why it is the title of this post. Albuquerque is where Bugs should have turned to get to where he wanted to be, and I'm am taking a turn. I am not completing photojournalism at Loyalist.

I am switching programs this fall. I have been accepted into the school's e-journalism program, and so I will only complete the first year of the two year photojournalism program. The e-journalism program is post-graduate, but I have been accepted based on me being such a geek. Really, it's almost literally the case. If things work out the way I want, when I am done in May 2008, I will be able to come back to Vancouver to work at an online news organization, which is where newspapers are going. I'm very excited.

That's the other thing: Ontario is nice, but I want to come home to live. I thought I was the kind of person who could create a life among strangers, like so many people I know and respect, but apparently that's not how God made me. I really just want to come home to the places and people I love. I have made friends here, but I want to come home to have my career.
Post a Comment