Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In Case You Didn't Know, I'm a Geek

CAR business isn't just my past profession, apparently it's my future too. I've been in journalist geek heaven. I attended two full days of of workshops on Computer Aided Research (also called CAR in the business [see how clever I am working in acronyms]). The Canadian Association of Journalists hosted the annual Global Investigative Journalism Conference in Toronto. Apparently it's quite a scoop for the CAJ to be able to host the conference, and they did an excellent job. More importantly, for me (hey, it's my blog, therefore it's about me) I've finally learned how to use Microsoft Access, which isn't actually available for Mac, but hopefully I'll be able to use what I've learned in Open Office's Data Base (Otherwise I have to get a PC again?).

Hey, photography is cool, but this is about databases and spreadsheets!

No comments: