Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Working in Manhattan


While I was in Manhattan, one of the things I wanted to do was volunteer work. Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up. I have agreed to do two days of volunteer work at Democracy Now!

"Who?" You ask.

To quote Wikipedia (ripping off Wikipedia reminds me: Gee, I can't wait until school starts!):
Democracy Now! is a syndicated program of news, analysis, and opinion aired by more than 500 radio and television, satellite and cable TV networks in North America. Democracy Now! serves as the flagship program for the Pacifica Radio network.

Democracy Now! was founded in 1996 at WBAI-FM in New York City by journalists Amy Goodman, Juan Gonzalez (not that Juan Gonzalez), Larry Bensky, Salim Muwakkil, and Julie Drizin. Goodman is the program's principal host, with Juan Gonzalez as co-host.

The program focuses on issues its producers consider underreported or ignored by mainstream news coverage, including global news and reporting on antiwar activism.
I worked at Democracy Now! on Tuesday, I will work for them on Wednesday, then I will become the monster tourist that I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Democracy Now...???
Okay, I didn't think it was possible but, I am NOW Officially Envious of a visit to... Manhattan??
Say hello to Amy Goodman for me.
Tell her she's got a "fan" in Van!
(BTW, An autograph would be Sooooo C-o-o-o-o-o-l!! Just sayin'. No pressure. Really.)