Saturday, December 29, 2007

Facebook Hell


There are things I love about Facebook.

No, actually, there is "thing" I love about Facebook.

No, there is "thing" I "like" about Facebook.

Okay, fine, I'm not all that crazy about Facebook.

I didn't want to join because I was afraid it was going to be a huge time commitment.

Then I joined.

Now I'm getting sheep thrown at me. (You know who you are, sheep thrower!)

Or I'm being "poked" or "super poked" or being asked to become a pirate.

What the hell's the difference between a "poke" and a "super poke"? Does one taste great while the other is less filling? And why would I want to be a pirate exactly? Or a zombie or a werewolf?

I have a website and a blog, do I REALLY need Facebook?

The thing I sincerely love about Facebook is the ability to connect to people I have lost touch with. A guy I went to elementary school with posted our grade three picture. I think that's the coolest thing. I've reconnected with people I've worked with, gone to school with, dated and wanted to date. (It was high school, I was a geek with a self-confidence issue and sweaty palms. My palms aren't sweaty anymore.)

Anyhoo.

Seriously, what the hell is an "are you color blind invitation"?

If you've contacted me on Facebook and I haven't replied, it's not because I don't love you, I really do. (I loved you when we were in high school, but you never noticed me. After high school I spent several years in the Orient and encountered the mystics that trained me in various martial arts and mental disciplines. [No, wait, that wasn't me, that was Lamont Cranston. Uh, never mind.]

Where was I?

Oh, right, I love you, but I'm not crazy about Facebook.

Email me, read my blog. I'll get to you eventually on Facebook, but it's just not my priority.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facebook is WAY cooler than blogging...you're just a luddite, is all!

gonna go throw a sheep at you...

adamonse@gmail.com said...

Wait, I'm a geek and a Luddite? Is that even physically possible?

And Luddite is spelled with a capital "L", because named after a guy named Ned Lud. Nya!