Saturday, March 15, 2008

Educate, engage, empower

I've just completed my last formal day of classes.

The experience has been life changing.

Besides gaining a set of technical skills, practical skills and theory, I've also had the privilege of working with an amazing group of smart, talented passionate people both in photojournalism and e-journalism.

My instructors at Loyalist have not only been informative, but supportive, accessible and passionate about what they teach.

It was a vastly different experience than high school. J'accuse Mr. Rutherford!

When I left BC, I was an emotional wreck.

Now that I'm returning to BC, I'm an emotional wreck.

It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I am looking forward to reconnecting with my friends in BC, but I'm going to miss all the new friends I made in Ontario.

Life is about change, adapting to change and preparing for change, but I hate that each change means something must be given up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tony!

Quitting one's job and jumping into one's car " well inserting oneself may be a better description" and venturing off to the dark side is a daunting challenge, I hope all that you learned will serve you well in the future, and I hope your employment opportunities are many.

I think it's time to come home now, White Spot misses you, and the flower's are starting to bloom.

Drive carefully, well at least until you get to Manitoba, then it won't matter.

bring in your coupon you can still get a free lube and oil.


Ken


Ken