Saturday, March 15, 2008

Educate, engage, empower

I've just completed my last formal day of classes.

The experience has been life changing.

Besides gaining a set of technical skills, practical skills and theory, I've also had the privilege of working with an amazing group of smart, talented passionate people both in photojournalism and e-journalism.

My instructors at Loyalist have not only been informative, but supportive, accessible and passionate about what they teach.

It was a vastly different experience than high school. J'accuse Mr. Rutherford!

When I left BC, I was an emotional wreck.

Now that I'm returning to BC, I'm an emotional wreck.

It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I am looking forward to reconnecting with my friends in BC, but I'm going to miss all the new friends I made in Ontario.

Life is about change, adapting to change and preparing for change, but I hate that each change means something must be given up.
Post a Comment