Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Monday

It's happened again!

No, not that. And, yes, I know there is a pill for it.

I had pictures published at my favourite blog, Jalopnik.

Okay, my second favourite blog, because, of course, yours is my favourite. (You know who you are.)

Jalopnik, they're obsessed with the cult of cars, you know, have a series, Down on the Street, which features unusual cars on the streets of Alameda, California shot by Murilee Martin, a regular contributor.

Down on the Streets has spawned a "bonus edition" of reader contributed pictures of unusual cars in their neighbourhoods.

I submitted this car because it looks like Jim Rockford's Firebird.

Who?

Jim Rockford was a fictional private investigator played by James Garner in the television series The Rockford Files.

Actually, it looks like the car used in the 1977-1978 seasons because they always used the current year Firebird, and the show ran from 1974-1980.

And, yes, this is a blog post about a blog post.

Related Links
Jalopnik
Down on the Street
Down on the Street Bonus Edition
My pictures at Jalopnik [Rockford car]
My pictures at Jalopnik [Datsun 710]
The Rockford Files [IMDB]
The Rockford Files [Wikipedia]
The Rockford Files [Fan site]
The National Firebird and Trans Am Club

No comments: