Saturday, August 18, 2007

Little Women II – This Time It’s Personal

Okay, I get it: work, in an of itself is virtuous. The products of work can be damned, the work is the important stuff. Further, anything other than work is bad, possibly evil. If, somehow, some way, there is no work to be done, apparently an awful state of being, then, the next best thing is to enjoy “simple”, “wholesome” pleasures.

And yet, I keep reading.

This was written on the train coming up to Boston, before I fell on my Palm Pilot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damnit Tony - Little Women is a wonderful book...you're just obviously not intellectually capable of understanding that...*snort*

go back to Louis L'Amour or something...

*falls down laughing*

adamonse@gmail.com said...

Hey! Don't pick on Louis, he was the one that told me Wall Street was named for the wall that used to be there.

What's Louisa May Alcott done for me lately?