Friday, December 14, 2007

Things are different in Ontario

I have alluded to things being different in Ontario. It's the small things mostly, like they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese a Royale with cheese. A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac. I have no idea what they call a Whopper, because I've never been to Burger King in Ontario.

Okay, fine, I just ripped off Quentin Tarantino really badly, but the thing that I'm getting to, and trust me, I really am getting to a thing, is Tim Hortons. It's not the amount of them, that's happening everywhere, and I'm getting used to it, it's that they don't take Interac.

Dude, what's up with that? (See, I'm hip.) (Well, my mom says I'm hip.) (No, she doesn't)

In BC the Tim Horton's all take Interac. I've been caught out on three separate occasions ordering something and having no way to pay. People from here tell me its so the line up moves faster, but I counter with McDonald's (See, all that Quarter Pounder stuff was relevant to this post.). McDonald's has to move people through at least as quickly as Tim Hortons and they accept payment via Interac, MasterCard and Visa. Tim's accepts payment by MasterCard and their own Tim Card.

I have two Visa cards and two bank cards, I don't want to carry another card. Actually, I want to carry less, cards, but that is a different blog post.

If Tim Hortons refused plastic payment for all these years, can someone please explain to me why there's always a line out the door at the Tim Hortons but never at the McDonald's? (I exaggerate a little, but you get the point.)

Meanwhile I'm going to the Starbucks for a double espresso.

No comments: