Thursday, July 24, 2008

Long ago and far away

Yes, two music videos in a row. This one comes with a story, though.

Long ago, and very near where I am right now I saw my first music video.

This was before Much Music, MTV, Good Rockin' Tonight or even NBC's Friday Night Videos.

Yes, there was a time before music videos were available like hot and cold running water.

This was, however, not before hot and cold running water.

I actually don't remember the name of the show, but what I do remember was the dissection of the clothes, every cut, each dance move and that wipe across the mouth thing to determine any possible significance or meaning.

I don't remember that happening with the video for Huey Lewis and the News' I Want a New Drug. Oh, wait someone thought that was actually about drugs. Never mind.

Anyhoo, it turns out David Bowie has his own YouTube channel.

Just like me!

Shut up.



David Bowie [YouTube]
Me [YouTube] You'll notice many similarities.

No comments: