Monday, July 28, 2008

One night at Delaney's

After a lovely evening with my very good friend Julie, her coworker Michael and his friend Christine, who are some of the members of Michael's band, Klezmore (Klezmer and [wait for it] MORE!), we retired to Delaney's Coffee House on Denman.

We were joined by Michael's Rabbi and her husband.

They came by the café after cycling the Stanley Park Seawall.

My good friend Julie made a comment to the effect that her German heritage didn't seem to be helping her Yiddish pronunciation as much as she had hoped.

In defence of what happened next, bear in mind the previous night I had watched two shows on Adolf Hitler on History Television, TIMEWATCH: INSIDE THE MIND OF | Hitler and Hitler: The Rise of Evil.

An additional defence is: I'm not a Nazi sympathizer!

So, my good friend Julie made a comment to the effect that her German heritage didn't seem to be helping her Yiddish pronunciation as much as she had hoped.

And then I said, "Your German heritage sure helped when you invaded Poland!"

In front of Michael's Rabbi.

Yeah, that's right, I made a joke about the Nazi invasion of Poland.

In front of a Jewish man and his Rabbi.

And the Rabbi's husband.

I think I'm going to hell for this.

Related Links
TIMEWATCH: INSIDE THE MIND OF | Hitler [History Television]
Hitler: The Rise of Evil [History Television]

No comments: