Monday, August 18, 2008

Pardon the interruption in your expected blog post

In non-Olympics related news, I am employed.

I return to work today at Dueck GM, my employer for the 15 years before I left, with their blessings, love and support, to go to school.

I will be working in a different capacity from the one I left, and will have opportunity to use some of my new skills.

I am disappointed I have not secured employment within journalism, but I also understood the Vancouver market is a difficult one for journalists to break into.

In the terms of employment I negotiated, I have a commitment for flexibility, so that if there is a story to cover, I will be able to make time to cover it.

While I was away, I missed my former coworkers very much, I was very fortunate to work with a group of people I loved very much, and with whom it was a pleasure to work.

It is good to be employed again, and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my friends.

And having regular income.

Related Links

Dueck GM [Official site]

No comments: