Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm on the Internet, hire me

I'm on Jeff Gaulin's Job Board.

The board is a database of journalists looking for work and work available listed by province and media type.

You can find me under the section for journalists looking for work.

I've used the board previously with good results, receiving work from Media Q and landing the job in Kitimat.

I've also had inquiries about jobs both here in the Lower Mainland and in other provinces.

My bio from the board:

Anthony was born and raised in the Lower Mainland, and is familiar with the issues and concerns of people in the area, from housing costs in Vancouver, to transportation South of the Fraser River and even where to find sushi in the suburbs after 9:00 p.m.
He is a professional journalist who conducts probing and insightful interviews related to politics, human interest and the community.
Anthony is passionate about communicating the full truth of a story with details correct and intact when reporting.
He has a well developed still photographer’s eye for video composition, and his multimedia skills include: Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Sound Track Pro, CSS, and HTML
After studying photojournalism at Loyalist College, which has turned out many award-winning photographers, and e-journalism under award-winning Professor Robert Washburn, Anthony chose to return to British Columbia to begin his journalism career.
He has worked as Acting Editor at Black Press' Kitimat Northern Sentinel where he solidified his skills in all aspects of newspaper production while working under deadline.
His blog, A Boy and His Blog, receives over 1000 readers per month, he has almost 200 followers on Twitter, and his YouTube channel receives thousands of views.
Anthony is a self-starter committed to upholding the integrity of the profession.
He has the education, skills and experience to make a positive contribution to the goals and objectives of any news room.
I'm looking forward to working within my chosen profession where I think I can make a positive contribution to journalism and to the society I'm part of.

Related links Anthony Damonse [Jeff Gaulin's Job Board]
Related video

No comments: