Friday, August 11, 2006

Toronto

I am surprised to like Toronto more than I had expected. I am a bit of a West Coast snob (there is no better place in the world to live), but Toronto is nicer than I had remembered (yes, my memories are over twenty years old), and nicer than I had expected.

After seeing my mother off at the airport (which was surprisingly calm given the current situation [or should I say, the "latest" situation]), my good friend Monica and I went for a bite to eat and then to the beach. In Vancouver if you say "the beach" you still need to qualify WHICH beach, but here, apparently, there is only one. So we went to the beach (or is it The Beach?). For a boy from the Vancouver, it is odd looking at a body of water which doesn't have mountains on the other side. (You mean it just keeps going?) The sun was out and there was a breeze and the humidity (currently) isn't an issue, so it was a very nice day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly boy, the area is known as "Beaches" or "The Beaches"...

there IS more than one beach in Toronto...but why would you go to any of them??? *grin*

Anonymous said...

It is great to read your blog postings. Glad you had a great trip. Very pleased to know that your expectations of Loyalist College and Toronto were exceeded - this makes staying a little easier.

lil said...

Don't listen to Jules...I called it "Beaches" when I lived there and was ridiculed by the locals. It's The Beaches.

Glad to hear you're settling in. The second place I lived in Toronto was in the beaches...on Woodbine, about a block and a half north of Queen. Never did go to the racetrack, although it seems to me I saw it on fire on the news.... :-Þ

Leslie